Brendan Barnes is a filmmaker based in Johannesburg, South Africa. He completed his Bachelor of Arts in Motion Picture Medium (Honours) degree in 2010 and has quickly established a name for himself as a talented young cinematographer.
Brendan has collected an impressive showreel of narrative work behind his name. With four full length feature films, three seasons of drama series, and multiple award winning short films under his belt, he has successfully cemented his place as an accomplished long form cinematographer.
His portfolio also includes a superb selection of high end commercial work as well as many fantastic music videos and documentaries. Please visit www.brendanbarnes.com to view a compilation of his work.
Having recently won the SAFTA for Best Cinematography in a TV Comedy Series as well as an SASC Visible Spectrum Award for Cinematography in a music video, Brendan is in high demand and looks set to continue his career with great success.
• Best Cinematography - 2016 SAFTAS (TV Comedy)
• SASC (South African Society of Cinematographers) Silver Visible Spectrum Award - 2015
• Best Cinematography - 2014 Independent Mzanzi Short Film Festival 'Security'
• Silver Loerie 2012 - 'Don't Be That Guy' (TV & Cinema Campaign)
• Best Fantasy Short - 2011 New York International Film Festival
• Bronze Loerie 2011 - ʻThe Simplicity Theoremʼ (Non-Broadcast Video & Film Category)
• Bronze Loerie 2011 - ʻBulliesʼ (Student: TV, Cinema & Internet Commercial Category)
• Best Cinematographer - 2011 Kodak Film School Competition (Worldwide Winner)
• Best Film - 2010 MNet Edit Awards 'Bomlambo'
• Best Cinematographer - 2010 Kodak Film School Competition (Regional Winner)
• Best Cinematographer - 2010 AFDA Film School Awards
• Best Cinematographer - 2009 Kodak Film School Competition (Regional Winner)